Tupras knows the major competitiveness advantage is to reach self-sufficiency in terms of technology and have competent human resources. Our most important assets is our human recourses which will help us reach self-sufficiency in terms of technology. Process engineers, specialized researchers and technical laboratory team are working at our R&D center. We pay great attention to the education of our researchers and assist them through their specialization. As a result of this, besides having several doctorate degree team members, we support our researchers to join master and doctorate programs.
The R&D Laboratories have 2700 m2 indoor area, 5 research laboratory, over 150 equipment and capability of apply over 200 national and international experiment methods. With these perfections and supplies, TUPRAS aims to shed light on the future of our country. From the first day of its establishment Tupras R&D center has put signature under important successes. The most solid outputs are the publications and patents resulting from our projects.
- In 2015, the Tüpraş R&D Center won the top prize as the “Best R&D Center” in the industry at the 4th Private Sector R&D Centers Summit, organized by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology
- In 2015, Tüpraş took the 18 th place in Turkey R&D list
- In 2014, Tüpraş has been Turkey's 4th company in İnovaLİG “Enabling Factors – R&D Management Category”
- In 2012, Tüpraş R&D Center got reward as the most qualified 2nd R&D Center ( category: human resources), took the 4th place in the category of the collaboration with universities and 6th place in the category of scientific publication
- In 2012, Tüpraş took the 9th place in R&D spending in 2011 in Turkey
- In 2011, Tüpraş took the 14th place in R&D spending in 2010 in Turkey